Seasonal Homes & Rentals
Keeping Seasonal, Rentals Or Unoccupied Dwellings Safe.
Many of our customers rent out properties or travel on a seasonal basis. These tend to have sporadic delivery histories making forecasting impossible; which is why we request the following:
Have a local point of contact who will assure:
- The driveway and the pathway to the tank or fill pipe are clear in the winter,
- The home heating system is running properly
- Monitor level of fuel in tank.
- Homes are best equipped with a programmable wireless thermostat. These thermostats will notify you or the local point of contact if there is a dangerous drop in temperature in the home.
- Customers should provide D.F. Richard Energy with a forwarding address, current mailing address, e-mail address and best telephone numbers.
- Keep power venters clear of any obstructions, including snow. Drifting snow may require you to check several times a day.
It is the responsibility of the owner or renter to insure that the property’s heating system is being monitored to avoid any potential damage due to a loss of heat. Safe access to the fill pipe, tank and the heating system is required for us to make a delivery or provide service. We have 24 hour emergency service for our customers should a problem arise.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: PO Box 669, Dover NH 03821-0669
Office: 124 Broadway, Dover NH 03820
We are open from 8am — 4:00pm weekdays.
24/7 Emergency: 1-800-649-6457